Friday, March 12, 2004

The Tap Game

Last night, The Baby was kicking. So I laid there and when she kicked I would tap-tap-tap on The Wife's stomach and I would talk to her. I feel like I haven't done enough of that. I'm getting high marks overall for my participation, but when it comes to direct connection with my child, I feel like I'm not going the distance. We go go go all day long and then fall into bed spent and go to sleep pretty quickly.

From BabyCenter:

You're nearly in the home stretch. Your baby is growing steadily as he prepares for delivery day. This week he weighs about 2 pounds and is between 12 and 15 inches long. He's acting more like a newborn now, too. He opens and closes his eyes, sleeps and wakes at regular intervals, and may suck a finger or thumb. He may also be hiccuping a lot this week, which explains that odd rhythmic sensation you've probably been feeling.

No comments: