Thursday, November 08, 2007

I Can Feel It!

Rachel is getting more and more curious about and interested in the baby now and will sing to my tummy. Yesterday, she wanted to feel where the baby was, so I put her hand on top of my abdomen. She said "I felt it move!" and looked happy. I can only imagine how excited and surprised she'll be when she actually feels a tiny foot or hand pushing into her own hand.

As for me, I've felt pretty decent. I've definitely been way more tired this time around than with Rachel 4 years ago, but I suppose that's to be expected. I also was taking progesterone supplements that wiped me out, and now I'm done with those, so I'm not feeling as tired.

I've had more food sensitivity than last time. I've also had the increased gag reflex, but so far I've only actually thrown up about 3 times. Last time, I probably got sick 4 or 5 times a week from brushing my teeth or using mouthwash. Hopefully my average continues to stay low in that area.

We've already had 4 ultrasounds with this baby and it looks like we'll be having several more before we actually see him or her in person. 2 of the ultrasounds will be for the 2-part screening they're doing, and 3 were from my doctor's office (confirming the pregnancy, dating it - it was too early the first time to date it, and checking in at 10 weeks to make sure all was well). We'll do another ultrasound at 18 weeks to determine the gender (yay!) if the baby cooperates (and he or she had better!). Plus, we had a 3D ultrasound with Rachel and would really like to do that again with this one.

It's so reassuring to be able to see the baby developing on track and looking like they should, and it helps me to feel like something is really happening - other than my already-growing-bigger belly. At 7 weeks, I was starting to outgrow a few pairs of pants because my belly just poked right out. And I haven't gained any weight, so I know it's not just pounds from eating. Just my body recognizing what's happening and giving up the fight on any muscle retention, apparently.

Our next appointment is a week from Friday, when we'll be 14 weeks, but that should just be an exam and basic checkup. Then 4 weeks after that is the exciting one!

No comments: