Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First Haircut

Ben's hair was getting pretty unruly, curling over his ears and at the back of his neck, and kind of going whichever way it wanted at the front. So I took him for his first haircut last Thursday, 2/12. I felt a little sad already getting his baby hair cut, but the good thing is that my hairstylist didn't make him look drastically different. She just made it neater and evened out the length so that it would look less messy, but he still looks like a baby. I'm very happy with it. I think I was afraid he would come out looking like a big boy, and I'm not ready for that yet with him. I forgot to take official before-and-after photos that day, but I'm posting some of his pre-cut hair and some of his post-haircut look, along with a few photos from the actual haircut:

This doesn't look so bad, but he was really quite unruly.

He didn't do too badly. At the beginning, he kept trying to grab the scissors, so I had to hold his hands. When he started getting fussy partway through, I began putting puffs in his mouth, and he sat there and happily snacked.


Still doing okay...

Starting to get a little tired of it all now, but we're almost done!


Here's his new styling 'do. Not super easy to see in this shot, but here are a couple more:

1 comment:

Gilda said...

It seems like you had a lot of fun too!