Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Can't Even Imagine

I knew Patrick growing up. His brother Sean was in my grade and I was in scouts with both of them. I just learned from another friend that he has a daughter a month younger than Rachel with cancer. His blog (link above) is really amazing. Start at the bottom to read things in chronological order. I am really impressed with how he manages to keep it together and stay positive with his reports. I don't think I would be able to stay quite that positive if there were days where the only contact I could have with my little one was to rub her arms, legs, head and torso, or if I had to wear a mask when being in the same room with her, looking at her, strapped down to a bed to keep her from ripping out all the tubes and wires connected to her.

No comments: