Monday, January 19, 2009

Brotherly Love

Tonight I was on the floor in Ben's room.  Ben was sitting on one of my legs, bouncing.  Rachel had been on the rocking chair but decided to leave the room.  She walked past us and straight into the doorframe, hitting the strike plate and scraping some skin off her forehead.  There was a few seconds' pause and then full force screaming crying.  I told her to come back and she reluctantly came back and I put my arm around her.  Ben looked up at her, saw her crying and you could just see his little face crush.  In a few seconds, still staring at her, he's crying as loudly as she is, real tears down both their cheeks, won't take his eyes off of her.  It was heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time.

In order to get him to stop crying, we had to get her calmed down and no longer crying first. 

No comments: