Monday, November 03, 2003

That the world may know...

I feel really guilty that I've been unable to tell some of my closest friends yet, most specifically one person who is like a brother to me. It's a strange mix of odds, superstition and the desire to not let it consume our communication that we don't tell everyone. It will be the biggest thing in our lives, but we don't want it to be the only thing. And even when you are happy for someone, six, seven, eight months of waiting with them, waiting for them, sometimes seems like forever. It's not that they do anything wrong, but we just watch from the sidelines going "Haven't they been pregnant for over a year now?"

Fickle Tummy

Things that are good one day aren't the next. Apparently Panda Express, a food The Wife got me hooked on, is a place I'll have go alone for awhile; it's no longer appetizing. Worse yet, last night at the store she bought ingredients for a low-calorie breakfast meal and took the time to prepare it last night... cheese, eggs, sausage, bread cubes so that this morning it could be popped in the oven for 30 minutes and then we'd have a nice breakfast, replacing my usual cappucino slimfast and her, well, not sure what she's been eating now that she can't have slimfast. But I got it out of the oven and she declared that it didn't smell good and that she wouldn't be having any. I feel bad about how my part in the process is almost non-existent but that the part for her body is probably 15 months minimum of being non-normal.

No comments: