Monday, October 13, 2003

I might know what I'm doing...

Got 12 out of 15 right on BabyCenter.com's quiz. I'll study the other three questions.
(1) How long should you let your newborn cry at night before picking him up? I said "10-15 minutes." But, not with a newborn. You give them attention right away. I guess it's not like The Puppy.

(3) What's the standard advice on how long after childbirth you should wait until you and your wife can have sex again? I said "Until Her doctor gives the green light." Correct answer was "Six Weeks." However, I think my answer was a little correct, so I should get some credit for considering a professional's opinion.

(8) Which one of these should you use to clean your baby's umbilical cord? I said "Hydrogen peroxide" because The Wife swears by it. Well, the correct answer is "Rubbing Alcohol." Fair enough, I can remember that. It goes on to say that the cord will fall off within 7 to 10 days and until then, use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean it. Good to know.

It's very cool that there are so many resources out there. Of course, I probably won't be able to just surf the web any day I feel like it on a normal work day until after we've announced. But I'd like to read as much professional advice as possible before The Co-Workers Who Are Parents start trying to give me advice.

No comments: